Writing a Legacy Letter, also called an Ethical Will, is a profoundly satisfying experience. It is a life-affirming way to express and embrace your life experience.
There are many important and lasting ways a Legacy Letter author benefits:
- Learn about oneself
- Give or get forgiveness
- Gain a sense of control over the end of life
- Gain closure in one or more challenging aspects of life
- Explain reasoning behind actions including property bequests
- Gain a sense of existence beyond mortality
- Encourage values of importance
- Receive physical and psychological health benefits
The unique, transformative power of preparing a personal narrative has been shown in many different settings. See Resources to learn the documented health benefits of this experience and the enduring sense of ‘completeness’ and peace of mind that results.